Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Well, I don't have much to report. Our dossier has almost been in Russia for 3 months. It looks like we have a long wait ahead of us. I've been catching up on reading a ton of adoption blogs tonight and visiting the FRUA website, which I almost never visit. Looks like 4 couples from our agency have switched to new adoption agencies. I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. The recent personnel turnover and lack of communication, coupled with no word on accreditation and longer wait times...makes the decision to switch very appealing. I know I've thought of it.... and I haven't even been waiting as long as others. But we have invested too much time and money into our agency right now. So, we will wait and see what happens with accreditations and referrals.

On the FRUA frontier, word is floating around that at least 2 agencies are saying accreditation is imminent. I'm not sure who they are, but I'm sure it is not ours. Our agency keeps things sealed until official word is out. So, who knows what could happen.... our agency could be one in the next batch that might be accredited in the next several weeks.... or not. :-)

Finally, November is National Adoption Month. I remember 2 years ago being ready to begin the process, and then learning we might be moving...so we held off. Last November we signed on with our agency and soon after began all the paperwork..... Two years...and two more before that I prayed to be able to adopt. 4 years now.... some of my friends who have known Chris and I, know how long we have been talking about this. Hopefully by next November we will have two little children home with us, and we will be celebrating November in earnest. :-)

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Hi Jackie! I could have wrote this post myself! :-) I am in the same boat you are... we're sticking it out with the agency for a bit longer. I think we'll give it until January before we start the process of looking for another agency. I think I just need some peace and quiet during the holidays! :-) It's nice to know that others are feeling the same...

Carey and Norman said...

It gets frustrating waiting, doesn't it. I guess when we make the decision to adopt, we are ready right then. It is so hard with accreditation rumors lurking, but I continue to remain hopeful that good news will soon follow. At least you are 3 months closer!

Susan said...

Praying for your family and the new ones coming.

Troy and Rachel said...

We are al so anxious. I feel like we will hear something soon and then something gets said on Frua and I feel like we are back to square one. What an emotional roller coaster ride.