My blog description says this… “Join my husband and I as we take two steps forward one step back on this crazy, turbulent and often unknown journey to adopt from Russia”.
Little did I know how crazy and turbulent it could get. And we haven’t even boarded an airplane! I should have said, two steps BACK and one step forward. For indeed we need to take two steps back to move forward. Back….. as in a completely new dossier…. with a completely new agency.
Yes, you read that correctly. This was a very difficult decision for us, as we had invested a great amount of time and money with our last agency. We have been disappointed with the lack of communication, ever changing procedures and requirements, plus the lack of leadership and turnover. We’ve had a bad-gut feeling for awhile, but now their Hague accreditation was denied. Though we were informed the Hague denial doesn’t affect Russian adoptions directly, it added to some serious concerns that we were having…..
So, we began researching new agencies and hope to settle soon on a new smaller agency who doesn’t have a backlog of applicants. I have hope again, which I realized I haven’t had in a very long while.
It’s like a breath of fresh air……. I know several of you have switched and felt the same way, so you know exactly what I am talking about. I’m so grateful to have your blogs to refer back to…. I have gone back to each one when you made the decision to switch agencies, read your accounts and then of course continued reading as you received referrals and traveled to meet and bring home your children. I hope that we can join you this year!
So there is our news! Two steps back…but one GIANT step forward!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know it must have been hard to make the change after having put so much time and effort into one agency. The important thing here is that you do feel hope again, which should never have been lost to begin with. Congratulations on taking on Giant step forward and may it be followed by another and another!
Jackie, I know this must have been a very hard decision. I have been worried about all the changes in the agency too. I'm not sure why things are so turbulent. I do hope that your new agency will be supportive and reassuring throughout the process. --And a little more stable.
Well, mow me over with a feather! WOW! I know what a hard decision this was but am so glad you feel relieved. I know I did afterwards! Take your time deciding on a new agency. If there is one question I would be sure to ask it is "How long has your in country staff been working for you/with you?" Remember - connections are everything when it comes to Russia and adoption! If I can help you at all - in any way, shape or form, just let me know! HUGS!
wow! I know you must feel very strongly about this because that is a very hard and difficult decision to make! My heart goes to you in repeating the paperwork...someday you can say it was all worth it!
I know what a hard decision it was for us but I truly believe your heart leads you in the right direction. Good luck and I hope your referral comes soon!
Post a Comment