Sunday, August 3, 2008

No Air....

We have two central air conditioning units in this house. One for the upstairs and one for the downstairs. Since we moved in two years ago, both have been serviced multiple times. I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the number of calls I need to make each year (this year so far 3). Even though we thankfully have a home warranty on these items, it still adds up and it's a pain. Our house is going on 20 years old. So, like my good friend Michelle, our units will have to be replaced soon. Probably within the next year or so.... A major expense to be sure!

So right now our downstairs is a balmy 86 degrees. I'm "glistening" while I type this. Thank goodness our upstairs unit is still working, as that is where dh is, and if he felt sick and it was hot... well that is a bad combination.

I don't even want to think about using the stove, so the boys and I may head out to get pizza. And school tomorrow will be held upstairs for the day! It's amazing how used to central air my body has become! I don't think I could hack it in a much warmer climate like South America. Ugh! Perish the thought!

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh no! I hope you get the air back soon and the hubby feels better!

lifelaughterchaos said...

uugh! school already? hope your air gets fixed and that your stomachs do too!

by the way...thanks for double checking regarding the rules for posting with China....we are allowed to post such things once we recieve a pre-approval...which is why up until now I haven't had any pictures on...thanks any way!