My friend Becky commented that I would be amazed at how quickly a dossier can come together the second time around..… and she is correct. Actually, we haven't started on our dossier yet.... but our home study paperwork is coming together quickly. Part of it is knowing what we need and having copies available.... another is knowing what constitutes dossier requirements and home study requirements. (And knowing the difference). We have a meeting this Friday with our new social worker and every form is just about together. All but our references and medicals. (I want to check and see if we can use our most recent medicals, since we just had them re-done.) Also I am waiting to tell our references where to send the letters. Each one has kept a copy on their computer, so sending it out again to a different social worker will hopefully be easy.
What I am amazed about is the medical forms required for our new dossier. They are so much easier to fill out. I really think our doctor is going to like them a lot better, and of course we do too….
The only thing that is different this time around for our home study is we have to get a fire inspection form filled out by the local fire department. We have a friend at Sunday school who is a firefighter, so we will be asking him for his input on how we can make our home “fire safe” to pass an inspection. Next week we will also have our home visit. This will require some definite cleaning up, especially in the garage…. And some additional baby proofing!
I will keep everyone updated on the process and when we can actually say we are finished with this. I know that I will be headed to have all the documents apostilled in Nashville in about two weeks (I hope), so if anyone wants to get together for lunch… we would love to meet up!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment