Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our week: A Look Ahead.

This coming week is fingerprint week! Yep, that's right Chris and I have multiple sets of fingerprints to give. First up is for our FBI clearance. This one is done at our local police station and the prints are mailed with an application of sorts to the FBI, or one of their processing centers. This we need to get done tomorrow! I will feel much better when that item is checked off my list.

Second stop is for our USCIS biometric prints. Yes we did these a year ago, but they expire. Thanks to my friend Kim we were able to send a letter and request the one time free fingerprinting. We just got our invitations in the mail Saturday.... yay! So, that will be handled this week as well.

So two sets of fingerprints and a whole lot of prep work to get done. I want to try and download Skype on the laptop and on my folks as well. Wish me luck, as I'm going to attempt to explain this set up over the phone. Not an easy task, and one that could have me banging my head against the wall pretty quick!

I also want to try and find some luggage for our trip and get the pictures in the albums for the kiddos all labeled in Russian if I can. Hmmmm.... That should be interesting!

I'll keep you posted on everything else... and Kim, if I haven't emailed you (which I know I haven't) I would love that excel spreadsheet!

4 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope the fingerprinting goes well! It sounds like you are organized and getting things together! We also used Skype, and it saved us tons of money on phone calls. We used the "Who Loves Baby?" photo albums and left one with S on our first visit. The albums are great because they are plastic and the pictures are well protected. Good luck with your packing! :)

Troy and Rachel said...

Good luck with all the fingerprinting! I am sure it go just fine. It sounds like things are just moving right ahead. We also used the "Who Loves Baby?" album. I think we picked it up at Target.

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com said...

Love the look of your blog! I just saw your post on our blog, so I swung on over to saw hello! Sounds like you will be traveling super soon! YAYYYY!!! Our agency rocks!!! We should be getting the call in the next 2-3 weeks!!!

Holly

www.russiansweetbaby.blogspot.com

Carolynn and Steve said...

I'm so excited for you! I have been following your blog when you were with CHI, but lost track of you throughout the summer. I'd love to ask you some questions through email, but I can't get the little email thing to work for me (my computer is a little backward!) I know that you are crazy busy, but if you could email me, that would be so great!
God's blessings as you get ready to leave!
Joy!
Carolynn and Steve