“Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.” Luke 1:45
“But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” Luke 2:19
My heart is so full right now. I’m awed and amazed. Yesterday we received travel dates to go and meet our little ones in country. I am still somewhat in disbelief, but it is slowly sinking in. I know it took a whole day to relay this information, but I do feel like Mary in the verse above, just treasuring these things in my heart, for a little while…just me and the Lord as I ponder the business to which He is about.
For those who do not know I have prayed for over 4 years to have another child. We were ready to begin the adoption process 3 years ago before we moved. We have been in this process officially for 2 years next month. I stand in awe of our God and am so thankful that He would bring this to fruition.
There are two children somewhere in Russia who have no idea that soon their lives will be changed forever. Two children who don’t know that their forever family is coming to meet them…. And as I sit here typing this out, I realize (in a good way) that our lives are about to be changed forever as well. And that is why I am so grateful for God’s grace and goodness. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as you have walked alongside us on this journey. I wait in awe as His story for our family begins to unfold.
17 comments:
Beautiful verses! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you!! It is amazing to think that these children have no idea what is about to happen and that it is the best thing ever!!
Can't wait to hear more!
I'm so happy for you!
You will be so blessed, but even more so, these children will be.
I can't wait to meet them!
Oh Jackie I am so VERY happy for your family.....all 6 of you!!! Your news brings tears to my eyes. What a wonderful God we serve!!!
Praise God!!! I am sitting here crying tears of joy with you and your family. Praying that all falls smoothly into place as you prepare to travel and meet your children. I am so happy for you all! God is so good.
Congratulations!!! Love hearing about more referrals.
I'm so happy for you and your family!
I can't wait to meet them!
Congratulations.. so happy for you!!
WAAAAA HOOOO!!!
I am so excited for you! Happy Dancing here!
I can't wait to hear what's happening next!
Yahoo! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all. I know the past few weeks have been so hard, but God is so faithful, isn't He? Praise the Lord that you are traveling to go and meet your little ones! I look forward to hearing more details! Email me if you need anything at all!
Congratulations. We are so excited and happy for you. I know how long you've waited and look forward to following your journey to Russia to adopt your precious children. Yippee.....Hip Hip Hooray.....Whoo Whoo....Can you hear us cheering?
Jackie,
Like some others,
as I was reading this my eyes filled with up with tears. Tears of joy & happiness for you!
Whohoo!!! So, I guess our dinner for 3 is on hold! hahahhahaha
I KNEW that would work!!! :)
Congrats, I am very happy for you all. That is really wonderful news, can't wait to hear more.
Congratulations on your travel date! God's timing is always perfect and it is amazing to have confirmation in our faith through our adoption journeys. Your children will bless your lives in more ways than you can ever imagine. :)
Kim
Congratulations!!! What an exciting time...It will be so wonderful as God shows you all He has been working on these past two years while you waited....that is truly the amazing part of the entire adoption experience. Sometimes, He shows you during the wait and sometimes He waits until after to show you how He brought you through it....He is weaving a beautiful "tapestry" of your family's life right before your eyes. So happy for you!
Oh and I think we may be twins, I could have agreed with every answer you said in your 6 things!
Congratulations. I am so excited for your family. God bless you on this leg of your adoption journey!
oh jackie!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I'm assuming you can't share the dates publically yet, but I'm so excited so see when you go! I do not know much about the Russian process....how long in between your 1st trip and 2nd trip?
How awesome!!
Post a Comment