Today the boys had homeschool enrichment and I had a few hours to go out and accomplish some things on my packing list. The time flew so fast and I hardly got a thing done.
My first stop was at a consignment sale. They had a crib that my girlfriend told me about and I wanted to take a look at it. I didn't buy it yet, I'm still thinking about it.
My second stop was Kohl's as I really thought I would pick up some luggage there. I had $10 in Kohl's cash to put towards a carry-on item, but I found out that the promotion doesn't start until tomorrow. So, I looked for a few nicer shirts to bring to Russia (found only one that looked decent), and looked at some boots for Russia as well. Thy didn't have my size.... so I'm going to have to find them somewhere else. Anyone else have one foot larger than the other? On of my feet is definitely bigger than the other, so the boots fit my right foot great, but my left foot not so good. Go figure. Plus with heavier socks for the colder climate they would have been too tight and would have hurt. SO, all that to say Kohl's took up way to much of my time and I have to go back tomorrow to pick up the luggage piece that is on sale.
Next I headed to Dick's Sporting Goods store to pick up two items for the boys. They needed some longer sleeved shirts for football, and that's all I got.
Finally I paid a visit to Babies 'R Us. Definitely a store I need to stay away from! I could get into some serious trouble there.... I found two soft blankets there, that I can leave with the little ones. Can someone tell me again about the sense of smell and triggering a memory or recognition?
So that was my day, just not enough time.... I am also trying to plan for a birthday party for my ds2. His birthday is a few days after we return from our first trip, and with jet lag etc., I am hoping to have everything pre-planned and prepared. :-)
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I so want to go to the sale. But, the money is very limited this week. Oh well.... I bet you have found lots of small stuff.
Isn't shopping so much fun when it's for the little ones?!?! I know you must be getting so excited!
Glad you are getting so much done.
As for boots, is it that cold in Russia already? I only needed boots during the one trip in February and to be honest even then they were burdensome. I found that most time is spent getting in and out of cars that I didn't need my heavy coat or boots. Just a thought.
Hi I am Billie Jean and we adopted from Russia in Dec will be 9 years ago so Andre will be 10. I read that you were looking at boots for Russia. Let me warn you to get something that won't slide on snow or ice. I took a pair of boots that is fine here but we walked everywhere and I fell a few times. I ended up buying a pair over there and let me tell you they have been the best boots I have ever had. My mom uses them now but can't find shoestings for them. But find a pair that have waffle bottom think rubber. I hope I am not stepping on toes I know we don't know eachother but wish I knew to buy better boots. Let me tell you too that the boots would have cost a lot of money here but there maybe at that time 10 dollars not bad they are in great condition just need the strings for them. Anyways I wish you and your family luck with your trip and can't wait to hear how it goes and see pictures. God Bless you Billie
Billie- I had to chuckle when I read your comment. I'm still smiling. I was looking for a pair of boots with heels to wear. I keep hearing how so many women in Russia war higher heels so I thought a good compromise would be heeled boots. LOL! I'm kind of glad that I couldn't find my size now. :-)
Post a Comment