Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Baby's Room

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family, cooked lots of food, but also exercised a lot of it off walking/running and playing football. All of our company has headed home now, and Chris and I are accomplishing quite a bit today... getting things together for the baby's room. While he isn't really a baby really... ( more of a young toddler)... .but he's a baby to us. :-) He's still in a crib, so we've been cleaning out and finally putting things together.

I think this is really cool how all the furniture came together. The crib I found back in 2005 at a yard sale in Pennsylvania. I paid $20 for it, and gave it to my sister when she was expecting her 4th child. When her little one outgrew the crib, my sister Lisa asked if I wanted her to save it for me. I said, "Nope"...but she saved it anyway. I'm so glad she did!!

Then friend's of ours from church gave us a bunch of toddler toys and clothing and they had a changing table to donate. The very same finish as the crib! They look like they are a set. Then we went to the attic to pull down some bins to store clothes, and low and behold was my glider rocker (the only thing that didn't sell when I got rid of my baby furniture years ago). Guess what? It's the same finish as well! I know many folks really aren't into all of that.... but I am, and I am so thankful for the way all of those pieces came together in our little one's room. We'll be hanging curtains and have been washing our sons' old bedding to put on the crib. It's got some plaid and chambray in it, and believe it or not, I still like it... :-) I even found the diaper stacker. lol!

So, that's what we have been working on all day. Plus, Chris is planning on building shelves in the game room area, so we can baby proof the play room. We need to purchase gates, and quite a few of them!

Chris asked me what we were putting up for Christmas and I told him "Nothing". He was like... "Seriously? Nothing?" "Yep", I answered... "absolutely nothing, but a wreath on the front door". He seemed happy with that, and I'm glad we aren't going to kill ourselves trying to decorate with everything else going on!

Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one!
(I'll post pictures once the room is just about done, maybe by tomorrow)

Jackie

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you are going to post pictures of the nursery/toddler room. It sounds so cute.

I can understand keeping things to a minimum with travels to Russia in December. I'd do the same!

jeannie said...

I agree, why put all that stuff out.. Something else to deal with)