Monday, November 3, 2008

Maybe it's the head congestion....

For those of you I don't know IRL, I have caught a nasty cold... bleck. I am praying very much that it is gone before we travel. There is so much going around at church (stomach bug, colds etc) that I pray no one catches anything else either!

On another note, I just have to post how surreal this all seems. Maybe it's partly the head congestion, but it's hard to believe that we'll be flying to Russia soon. It's even harder to believe that we'll be meeting the little ones. I look at my lists and suitcases all empty and think... "hmmmm, that's nice." I am not feeling the sense of urgency or panic that I'll be leaving important info behind. At least not yet... it just all seems very surreal to me. Maybe it's two-fold, a part of disbelief that after 4 years of praying and 2 years of waiting we will finally be traveling....... And then again...... maybe it's the head congestion. :-)

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I am getting excited about your travels!!

Tony and Dawn said...

I highly recommend you visit your doctor and get a small prescription for any medications you think you might need. Believe me, you don't want to have to rely on Russian meds - I speak, unfortunately, from experience! We will pray you both get over your colds soon! God Bless -

Mary and Michael said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Hope everything is going well.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Hi Jackie-I hope you are well. I just wanted to check and see how you are doing. I'm anxious to hearing how things are going!