Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas preparations....

So, with three days until Christmas, how is everyone doing? I know several of my friends are baking up a storm right now, and several are still shopping for/wrapping gifts. Some are completely organized and finished with all the holiday preparations. I'm sort of in between.

All of my shopping is pretty much done, except for some gum for Chris. (It's a stocking stuffer). His presents are wrapped, but t he kids are not yet. I have done most of my baking, and sent two large trays of cookies into his work. It felt great to get them out of the house! I still have to bake a few cookies for caroling this evening.... and then I'm done with that. It's funny, but our decorations went up kind of hodge podge this year. Completely not like me at all. Some are still not up and are just sitting around different parts of the house. lol! I guess I haven't thought them as important this year. :o)

The one thing I am behind on are Christmas cards. And I'm behind on this just about every year. Most years it's a last minute decision, "am I going to send them out or not?" I usually take a picture of the boys and send it out. But getting that snapshot is not easy! So, this year I decided, like last year, to send out cards for the New Year. We have time off at Christmas, and the post office lines are shorter too. I usually make up a letter updating everyone of the "happenings" in our family. Some people think this impersonal, but with friends and family all over the country.... it's the best way I have found to stay remotely in touch. I joke with people, if you don't like it, throw it out. :o)

So, how is everyone else doing? I know I am just looking forward to spending time with my husband. 7 days off! The boys and I are thrilled, even if we just put puzzles together as a family and play some new Christmas games. We are looking forward to the quality time together!

0 comments: