I am working through a Bible study by Priscilla Shirer entitled, "Discerning the Voice of God." It certainly seems appropriate for right now in our lives. With so many decisions and thoughts floating around my head concerning our adoption it really causes me to question... Especially with the wait for a referral being so long, I begin to ask, "Lord is this really your plan? Are we even on the right path? Because it's taking SO long!" As I was studying this morning I came upon this verse that encouraged me:
Habakkuk 2:3 The vision is yet for the appointed time....Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.
It really gave me pause to think of four things:
- The vision is for an appointed time. This leading that God gave us, is planned ahead by Him. He is in control of the time, and he has even appointed that time. Even though we don't know when that will be...He does.
- Though it tarries, wait for it... It is going to seem slow to us.... God's time is not our time!How often do I want to rush out and speed things up myself? But God says, wait.
- It will certainly come. There isn't a doubt here... it will certainly come. God doesn't bring us somewhere to leave it half undone. He will finish it until completion.
- It will not delay. This part of the verse almost seems in complete opposition to the earlier words..."though it tarries". But in God's timing it is not delayed. He is in control of each piece of the puzzle, the time frame, and every detail of our adoption. On His timeline...he is right ontime. I have to remember that it is His timeline. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment