My two older boys went to the dentist this week. Both came out with a good report, no cavities at all! Yay! As we were driving home I told the boys how blessed they are to have such a good report. I also shared how glad I am that they take good care of their teeth, and that they don't need cavities filled. I said, "Trust me Mommy knows all about cavities and fillings". So naturally they asked if I had a lot of cavities as a kid. I told them, "Yes, my mouth has tons of fillings to prove it too."
My ds2 mulls all this information over. I never know where his little brain is going to go... After a few minutes he says this:
Ds2: "Mom I have a serious question for you."
Me: "Mmmm hmmm"
Ds2: "Did they have toothbrushes when you were a kid, or did you have to use some kind of rag?"
LOL! Evidently my son thinks I was a kid during the 1770's and not the 1970's! (We gotta work on that!)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wonderful news, Jackie! My children always seem to have dental issues. I took Tre' in for a cleaning last week and x-rays. He needs two root canals and crowns on his molars. Cost? $2400, then one extraction and braces. Ahh!
hahahha.. that's funny! So glad they dont' have cavities.
Don't ya love that kind of question?
TOO funny....well, it will be funny down the road, anyway! Ah the joys of children! I remember getting all kinds of weird questions like this when I was teaching. Things like "what was Woodstock like?" I would have come up with an answer like "no, we just pulled up a tree and used the roots to brush our teeth back in the good ol' days"!
That was hilarious!! LOL!
As kids, we had to brush after every meal, floss daily and only ate sweets on special occasions. We are all in our 30's now and no one has ever had a cavity... Wonder why??
"no, we just pulled up a tree and used the roots to brush our teeth back in the good ol' days"!
Oh Carolynn- That had me cracking up!! That was so funny!! I wish I had thought of that to use! To see their faces would have been priceless. lol!
Love it! Glad you shared such a cute story with all of us!!
Post a Comment