Thursday, February 26, 2009

What's up???

So, this is ds3 here, filling in for my mom. Ya know... my name really isn't ds3... but my mom doesn't want me using my real name on here... something about privacy and all that. It's too bad, 'cause I happen to like my name. When my brothers or my mom and dad ask me Where's (insert my name here)? I always point to myself. Then they ask where Mama is and I point to her, and then where Dada is and I point to him. Plus each brother too. Everyone seems to think it is really a great thing that I can do this... but come ON, they keep on asking me! Uh, ya know I told you where everyone is already.. and can't you see with your own eyes everyone sitting at the table??? Hmmm.... I don't know about the smarts in this family.

This week, I've really been giving my mom a fit. Yeah, it's usually over eating lunch, but sometimes it's breakfast too. She'll start feeding me, and then I'll just turn my head away and say "no". Sometimes I switch it up and cover my mouth and say "no" too. She tries to let me feed myself too, but I still say No. She was getting so frustrated with me... but all of a sudden in the last two days it's like it doesn't faze her. She just asks me if I'm all done, and then it's naptime. She kisses me goodnight and I lay down to sleep. Guess what? When I wake up and want a snack, you won't believe what she gives me. My lunch! I eat it for her then... She says I am in a better mood after my nap, and I guess I am hungry. She just shakes her head and has no idea why I do what I do... Doesn't she know I'm just trying to keep her guessing???

My brothers are always calling for my mom. They are like Mom, where is my belt? Mom, did you see my spelling book? Mom, can I have a snack? Mom, can we go outside? Mom, can we play wii? Mom, when is dad coming home? Mom, Mom, Mom..... I used to call her Mama... but now I see that her real name is "Mom". I call her that tons of times a day too.... Mom, Mom, Mom. Kind of like this: "Mom." hjjkdgjkh, oidkjhd hoidhiihdiu hdoi;kljhdy. She always says, Uh-huh or really when I talk to her. It's like she doesn't understand what I am saying. I couldn't BE any clearer!

Last Friday I had my first boo-boo. Poor mom had h-y-s-t-e-r-i-a. (That's what dad said). I like to run fast in the kitchen.... cause there is a great running lane there. But I ran fast and snuck around the island and ran into an open drawer. I cried so hard, and mom scooped me up faster than an eagle, and when she saw this big "goose egg" on my head, she cried too. (I don't know why they call it a goose egg, cause no goose laid an egg anywhere near me.) So, my mom just cried and dad put ice on it and I cried 'cause the ice was cold and my head hurt. But I'm getting better now. The bump is almost down and mom is pretty much recovered. (I'm still running though, which is pretty cool.)

Guess I better sign off. Dad says it's time for bath and bed.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

This was so cute and fun to read! You're doing a great job with all 3 boys! Hang in there during the tough times! Your hard work is paying off!

Carey and Norman said...

ds3-

You poor thing. Glad your bump is all better. Maybe you and our kiddos need to start your own blogs so you can talk one another's language and not have to worry about what you did or didn't do today. Who cares if you eat, right? Thanks for the update!

Nekey said...

Awww.. what a great read! I hope "you" are all better now and mom has sat down and put her feet up after such a full day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear DS3,
You have one of the best moms ever. Try not to give her such a hard time, okay? I'm glad your boo boo is better.

Troy and Rachel said...

Great post! I hope your head's getting better! Daniel tried to do the same thing with food to me and guess what he got? A plate with miniscule amounts of food. That got his attention and then as he ate he would get more. We think the array of food on his plate was too distracting. I like your mom's idea too. Eat it now or later - it's up to you!! Take care!

The Bolivars said...

DS3,

It was so nice to hear your side of the story! I hope we hear a lot more from you. You have a way with words. I hope you realize how much your family loves you and how long they waitied for you. You were what they've praying for. And you tell your Moma I said hi.

Talk to you later, DS3.
Auntie Kelly

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Jackie,

Very cute! I totally get the the "mom, mom, mom" thing! Hopefully DS3's goose egg didn't turn too black and blue. After Martin put pledge on our floors, Lexi can't walk three feet without falling down. I cringe everytime. If she got really hurt, I'd have h-y-s-t-e-r-i-a too! Maybe it's a mom thing!