Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random Updates

I have been somewhat neglectful of my blog lately.... we've been working on our final push to finish up school. We have about 4 weeks left and are working quite diligently to accomplish everything in that time frame. Not an easy thing to do as we are still adjusting to adding a little one to the household. :-)


We've also been trying to update our house on a budget.... basically just giving the front some curb appeal. I have another blog all about our renovations... (actually it was my first blog). So, I've been updating that too... LOL! To see our latest renovation click HERE.

Chris and I are also working on a Total Money Makeover, and it is h-a-r-d! No credit, cash envelopes. This month was the longest month, and my grocery budget was not pretty! To say I was over would be an understatement. Tonight we will be working on this coming month's budget. (I'm not really looking forward to it). :-)

I'll have to do an update on our little man here soon! I missed his 3 month update, and tomorrow is 4 months that he has been home. So, I need to get an update on how everything is going! I do have one update for him though: I took him into the Drs this Monday because of a wheezing cough that I didn't like. It was over the weekend naturally and his appetite was down as well. They checked him out and cultured him for strep. It came back negative...but I got a call today that the longer 24 or 48 hour tests were positive. Yikes! So, he is on his first antibiotic since we have been home. Hopefully it will clear it up soon and I don't get it!

That's it for now... I have to go do the budget thing with Chris. Blah. :-)

4 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I so know your budget pain. We have been doing the envelope system too and we figured the grocery budget before the little sweetie arrived...I forgot how much pediasure costs!!! We are going to have to sit down and refigure some things unfortunately...oh, the misery of it all! We are completely debt free though and that is a good feeling!!! Keep it up...you won't regret it. God has really blessed us through our obedience with HIS money. It all belongs to HIM.

Can't wait to check out your other blog!
Kristine

Nichole said...

Hope the little one feels better soon and no one else in your household get it. It is good to hear from you. I can't wait for the big update!

Mamosa said...

I wish husband would tune in to Dave Ramsey. I am trying SO hard to build up a cash emergency fund...and he seems to be trying so hard to deplete it. Ugh! You know the financial need that we have...and he is insistent that he is not paying it. Therefore, in his mind, all of those extra work hours are for frivolity!

Nekey said...

I am sitting here trying to figure out a menu for the store.. sometimes it is sooo hard to live on a budget! Good luck and I hope ds3 is better soon.