Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Visit with Friends.....

Last week we had company come. Thank goodness they are the kind of friends that you don't have to worry about how well your house looks. They just come to see us, and enjoy a visit. We enjoy our time with them so much, however brief it is. Hopefully they will be able to visit this summer for a little longer! Of course, we could always visit too!

I met Kelly three years ago and it was a total "God thing". We've kept in touch since, and I'm grateful for how easy our relationship is... even if we haven't talked in a few months, we can still get together and pick up right where we left off. That is a rarity, and I'm grateful for it!

Anyway, Kel's husband plays professional baseball in the minors. That's how we met. So every year they head down to Florida for Spring Training, they stop off at our house on the way down for a visit. Yay! Except next year they are in Arizona for Spring Training, and so we won't see them. That is a real bummer! So this year we got to see Luis and Kelly and their sweet girls on their way down, and then Kelly and the girls stopped for a visit on the way back. We always have fun cooking dinner and the girls head right to the playroom with my boys. Plus, there is always Wii! Naturally I did not get a picture of the adults competing! It was a fierce competition though.... that's for sure!

This year they also got to meet our new little man after hearing about our adoption process for so long. They met him several weeks after we got home, and then again last week. What was cool is that Kelly could really tell a difference in how much he has adjusted to us after 2 and 1/2 months. He has come out of his shell, is talking more and smiling a lot more. That was nice to hear because living in the day to day moments, you can lose sight of how far you've come. It was encouraging to hear that!

So, here are some photos that I was able to get of the first visit.... finally I'm getting around to posting them. :-) Kelly took pictures of the recent visit, so I'm gonna have to get those! :-)


Kelly, Luis and ds3!


Luis and our sweet little guy!





Everyone together!

6 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time visiting with friends! Great photos!

Carey and Norman said...

What a wonderful friendship! I just cherish my long distance friends!!

Melissa said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit. It is great to hear from others that they see a difference in the kids. Today I had my monthly allergist appointment and they saw a HUGE difference in Colby. The first time they saw him it was only 4 days after we came home. It felt great to hear someone say they sawe a change in him.
Melissa

Nekey said...

I have a friend like that too. She lives in KY and sometimes we go months without talking but we always pick up where we left off. Friends like that are rare.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

The pictures are great and your little guy is just a beautiful boy.

We are doing the Dave Ramsey study right now as well...Crown Ministries is also a great small group financial study for couples...I highly recommend it. It is more Biblical than Ramsey. Both are good and are different.

Well, we finally made it home...

http://Iloveyoumorethanpeanutbutter.blogspot.com

Thanks for all your support and friendship over the past year!

Flamingo said...

thanks for your sweet comment and awesome "walking the journey" advice. it all helps so much!!