Chili's is one of our favorite restaurants.... I mean it really rocks! But today I was disappointed in their obvious menu price mark up. I told Chris, I'm gonna blog about this... because I'm annoyed.
Both Chris and I ordered the Mini-Burger Bites for $5.99 each. We were expecting little burgers, and what came out to us was obviously a burger cut into quarters. (So a half a burger each). We both looked at each other and thought "Gee we could have saved almost 5 bucks and gotten a regular burger and fries to split."
So, next time we head there and we are trying to be budget conscious that's what we will do..... We also will order water (I always do, but he doesn't) His coke was $2.19..... are you kidding me?
Anyone else have any tips for eating frugally at Chili's or anywhere else for that matter? I'll take all the tips I can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that was ridculous! We recently ate at our local catfish house and the prices had gone way up. I know the economy is tough and restaurants need to make money, but they are shooting themselves in the foot! (IMHO) At those prices, we won't be back any time soon. Some places have the right idea though:
At our local Apple Bees, kids eat free on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Plus, they have 2 for 1 appetisers from 4-7. We can eat there cheaper than Micky D's.
Captain Ds has .99 kids meals on Thursday. They will subsitute broiled fish for fried and oakra for the french fries. The new grilled salmon is also very yummy.
Shoney's Breakfast Bar is free for kids 7 and under.
Fazoli's has kids night with 1.99 kid's pasta on Tuesday. And all the bread sticks you can eat for free!
We have another locally owned (upscale) restaurant that offers free kid's meals on Monday nights.
Call around in your area and see what specials may be out there!
That's crazy!! Eating out has gooten outrageous. I know a lot of restaurants offer free food for birthdays and sometimes if you sign up at their websites. One thing I don't do anymore that I used to is order Daniel a child's plate. He can easily eat of our plates for free and we never know the difference because he eats so little. Besides who wants to pay $4.50 for a grilled cheese!!
I almost always drink water for that very reason. It is ridiculous how much they charge. I like the Logan's special 2 for meals right now. The kids are $2.99, I think.
Post a Comment