Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grateful....

Have I mentioned that I am incredibly grateful for the love and encouragement that my husband gives me??? Today he gently lifted my spirit off the floor and helped me to see through my tears, how far we have come. He reminded me that even though I feel like a failure, I am far from it.... but am instead "a warm and tender hearted mother who wants to shower her child with affection even if he won't receive it".

Oh how I needed to be lifted up today with encouragement and love. Thank you Lord for giving me Chris.

7 comments:

Nekey said...

:) How wonderful! You are very lucky!

Nichole said...

What would we do without our wonderful husbands?!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

You got a good one! It's hard to see the progress when you are in the throws of daily struggles. It sounds like you and Chris really compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses. I glad he's there to lift your spirits when you need it most!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

You are a great Mommy...I tell people that it really takes a good 6 months before things feel like normal with the little ones from "the Motherland"...just give the little guy some time...and don't doubt your own abilities or be too hard on yourself...it all just takes time. I am so glad you have a supportive husband....that is a true blessing.

Mamosa said...

That's so sweet, Jackie!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad you have a wonderful husband who can remind you what a great job you all are doing. Hang in there. There are always the days aren't so fun, but in the end all the days are so worth it!!

Faith said...

I've been there Jackie....and we're still going through it. If it wasn't for my husband (and of course the strong leading from God) I don't know that we could have made this journey. Even after 2 years some days I still need help seeing through the tears.